A teaching and ark farm
The “Campidell farm” is first mentioned in the records in 1180. From 1600 it became the holiday location for the monks of the Augustine monastery, from 1845 it was used as the summer residence for the Benedictine monks of the Muri Gries monastery. Around Santa Maddalena church are the manor house, the prelate’s house and the Stegerhof farm with its farm buildings.
The Stegerhof farm is run by the Hofer family who transformed it into an ark farm dedicated to the care of many breeds threatened with extinction. There are cows with their calves, sheep, donkeys, lamas, rabbits, chickens, ducks, pigs, cats and dogs on the Stegerhof. But the farm offers more than that: bread making, home-grown foods are being served and there is plenty of space for children.