Montoppio in San Genesio
A hamlet of San Genesio
Montoppio is the smallest hamlet belonging to San Genesio. The German version of the name, “Nobls” was first recorded in 1290 and is derived from the Latin name for “acorn”. Over time, “in opulis” (where the acorn trees are) became today’s Nobls. From Montoppio at an altitude of 1,270 m, a hiking trail running through the beautiful landscape leads to idyllic inns and sights such as the church of San Valentino. The church is distinguished with remarkable frescoes. It has remained largely unchanged since the late Middle Ages, although in the 15th century the tower was added and in the 17th century the low vault inside the nave.
Where to stop for food and drink?
Gasthof Locher, Gasthof Wieser and Gasthof Tomanegger
Where to sleep?
Gasthof Wieser, Gasthof Locher and Eggenhof